Combine zucchini, bell pepper, black pepper and onion in a large bowl
drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
Arrange vegetables on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 500° for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella over sauce
top with vegetables.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella and red pepper over zucchini mixture. Dollop with ricotta
Bake at 500° for 11 minutes or until crust is golden.
Sprinkle with basil.
Results: dead even tie.
Roasted Vegetable and Cottage Cheese Pizza
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion, cut into thick slices
- 5 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
- 1. Position an oven rack in the lowest setting. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 3. Combine zucchini and next 3 ingredients (through onion) in a large bowl; drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Toss. Arrange vegetables on a cookie sheet. Bake at 500° for 15 minutes.
- 4. Punch dough down. Sprinkle a lightly floured baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough out to 15-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Brush dough with 1 teaspoon oil. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella over sauce; top with vegetables. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella and red pepper over zucchini mixture. Dollop with ricotta. Bake at 500° for 11 minutes or until crust is golden. Let cool a little then sprinkle with basil and serve.