I like smoothies. I especially like smoothies in the summer. Often they are more along the lines of desert and are kind of similar because I keep putting the same ingredients in.
I was inspired to make some different smoothies from Real Simple.
I started by chopping up some fresh ginger.
I put water in
Next I poured in the oats to let them soak a bit but not the whole 15 min I’m not that patient.
I used super natural yogurt, I’m sure there’s some meaning to that but I really can’t tell you what.
I cut the strawberries in half so they blend a little quicker.
Pour in the Maple syrup and blend with ice.
Now it’s time to see what it tastes like.
I kind of missed the glass there. Things are closer than they look when I’m taking the picture.
The oats were a little gritty but not bad. I couldn’t taste the ginger. I’ll have to put more next time.
I had the rest the next day and the oats had softened and were much better.
Gingery Berry and Oat Smoothie
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup ice
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- Place the oats and ½ cup water in a blender.
- Let soak until the oats have softened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the berries, yogurt, ice, syrup, and ginger.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.