Oh, it is most definitely cookie season!
And Cinnamon roll cookies are part of this year’s Christmas preparations.
Butter and sugar and half a package of cream cheese.
Mix flour and salt. Divide dough into two.
Wrap and refrigerate for a hour or more.
Roll out on waxed paper. My rectangle wasn’t very good here.
Spread cinnamon sugar on the dough leaving a generous inch empty.
Using the waxed paper to help roll evenly, roll it up. And refrigerate for at least an hour.
and place on baking sheets while the oven is warming.
Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes.
Let Cool completely
For the glaze mix powdered sugar with milk
and that’s it. Dip the face of each cookie in. If it gets too thick, thin it down with a drop of milk.
Thanks Sommer, great recipe!
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 ¼ cups)
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tb. cinnamon
- 3 Tb. whole milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- Add, the salt and flour.
- Press the dough into two flat-ish disks. Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Flour a piece of wax paper and roll the dough into a rectangle that is about ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over the dough leaving 1 inch bare along the long edge. roll the dough tightly toward the bare edge. place the rolls back in the fridge for at least an hour or pop in the freezer if you’re in a hurry
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the roll into 1/3” slices and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- mix the powdered sugar, milk together in a small bowl. Dip the face of each cookie into the glaze and set on a rack to dry.