If you’re like me and like pizza but still haven’t made your own gluten free pizza crust or even have the right flours on hand yet, these little quinoa pizza bites are just perfect.
fresh basil from the garden or some from the store if it’s not in season.
Mozzarella, sautéed onions, roasted red bell peppers, garlic, and basil.
I like this recipe because you prep everything and then throw it all in a bowl. Simple, I like Simple.
Just put it all in the bowl. Quinoa,
sautéed onions, roasted red bell peppers, garlic, mozzarella, basil,
and some dried oregano
crushed pretty small. I just rubbed it in my hands.
Take some pepperoni slices or salami or whatever you have, improvise do not got to the store if you’re missing one ingredient.
chop it up and sorta separate the pieces.
add pepperoni and a pinch or two of salt,
oh, I almost forgot the eggs.
Mix it all together.
Oh wait, some paprika too. Ok, now mix it.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, clear sheet protectors are great!
grease small muffin pans
and spoon filling in to just below the top.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. I should have listened to myself,I think I over filled them a bit.
Let cool a little before removing from pan.
Serve with dipping sauce if you like.
Thanks Becky! These were Great!
Gluten Free Quinoa Pizza bites
made from SoVeryBlessed recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni slices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried crushed oregano
- pizza sauce for dipping if you wish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.