Best Gluten Free Maple Granola bars

by - 2:44 PM

gluten free maple granola bars-1109

 

This is the best batch of gluten free granola bars I’ve made in months! I have a bad habit of getting out a recipe and looking at it occasionally but just tossing things in the bowl. Then I forget what I did and that’s fine if I didn’t like it but if it came out good I really have no idea how to make it again. So Today I wrote down amounts and ingredients as I tossed things in the bowl.

 

So here it is:

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1074

 

Right here is most of what you'll need.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1076

 

In a bowl, add butter , sugar,

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1078

 

maple syrup,

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1080

 

and water.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1084

 

cream together. My butter wasn’t melted so I took the bowl over to the stove and warmed it up but not too much like the time I ended up making little bits of candy or something and no granola bars. 

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1085

 

Now add in regular oats, Puffed rice,

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1086

 

quick oats,

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1082

 

a spoon of xanthan gum,

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1089

 

and gluten free al purpose flour.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1090

 

mix together.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1093

 

add and mix  in raisins.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1094

 

place half the dough in a greased pan

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1095

 

Using the butter paper press the dough into the pan.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1096

 

So it’s a thin layer like this.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1097

 

Sprinkle chocolate chips over the dough.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1098

 

Add remaining dough as a top layer. I flattened out pieces and set them on

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1099

 

Kinda like that. Then I wiped dough off my camera.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1100

 

Use the butter paper again to press down the dough.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1102

 

I don’t  like the edges sticking to the side of the pan.  so I take a spatula and push it away from the edge all the way around. One time the edges stuck to the pan like cement and when I cut the cooked bars and tried to remove them from the pan they broke. So this is my solution.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1103

 

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
Let cool 10 or so minutes then cut into bars.

 

gluten free maple granola bars-1110

 

Serve right away or freeze for weeks.

 

 

Best Gluten free Maple Granola Bars

adapted from King Arthur’s chewy Granola bar recipe

 

ingredients

  • 1 stick butter, melted or almost melted will be fine
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 cups quick oats or 1c, regular and 1c. quick
  • 1 cup puffed rice
  • 1.5 cups gluten free flour
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup almonds

In a  bowl, whisk together melted butter, syrup, and water. Add dry ingredients except chocolate chips and almonds

Spread half the dough in a greased 9x13" pan. Using the butter paper to avoid the dough sticking to your hands pat down firmly.
Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the dough. Carefully add remaining dough to cover evenly as possible. and pat down firmly. Add almonds on top and press in.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
Let cool 10 or so minutes then cut into bars.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting