Blueberry Avocado smoothie

by - 9:12 PM

TRS4812-12

Avocado gives smoothies an amazingly smooth texture. This morning decided to risk mixing blueberries and avocado, I know mixing green with reddish colors is a recipe for brown but I figured the avocado was kind of light green and blueberries have “Blue” in their name and I know blue and green are right next to each other on the color wheel so this just might be ok.

 

TRS4812-3

I got out a few things that I thought I might use. Fresh ginger, avocado, left over pears and some frozen blueberries.

blueberry avocado smoothie-18

I tried this green tea and white tea mix. I liked it waaay better than the straight green tea I used in my last green smoothie! I’m going to use this from now on and I don’t care if it may or may not be quite as good for me as the bitter plain green tea. This tea I will at least want to drink again.

I blended fresh minced ginger, a dash of vanilla, half an avocado, left over pears and their juice, 3 tablespoons of raw honey and some frozen blueberries  while the tea was steeping.

Once it was all smooth I poured in one cup of the green white tea and a few ice cubes and blended for a few seconds again.

Then I inspected the color and taste. Color was grayish, not nice. I then added a tablespoon of lemon juice, more ice cubes, and a frozen strawberry for color assistance. That did the trick.

 

TRS4812-9

I will definitely make this smoothie again.

 

Blueberry Avocado smoothie

ingredients

  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 2-4 pear slices and 1/2 cup of it’s light syrup
  • 1 tablespoon minced ginger
  • 3 tablespoons raw honey
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup green and white tea
  • 1- 2 cups ice cubes
  • 1 frozen strawberry cut into pieces

Blend avocado, blueberries, pears and syrup, ginger, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Add tea, ice cubes and strawberry. Blend until ice cubes are about half their size.

Serve immediately.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting