Blueberry and pear pie

by - 11:51 AM

TM4812-54

Pies are fun to make because they’re easy. Berry pies are fun to make because they’re pretty and looking good is important. But how it tastes is what it’s really all about.

 

TM4812-7

I knew I wanted blueberries in the pie, I remembered seeing a beautifully ripe pear in the fruit bowl well it’s a fruit plate here that pear would be perfect. I could  taste it, it was going to be just right. I looked on the fruit plate, but it wasn’t there. Then I remembered I’d eaten it only hours before! So I did the next best thing, got out a jar of pears that have been in a jar since who knows when.

I also threw in a handful of cranberries for flavor and color but not too many, I didn’t want it to be too sour.

 

TM4812-13

I added some orange juice concentrate and honey

 

TM4812-15

some sugar,maybe a bit more I was a little scared that the raw cranberries might be pretty sour.

 

TM4812-16

Some flour to help thicken the juice.

 

TM4812-18

Mixed it all together

 

TM4812-19

Until it’s this beautiful color. I might be a faster pie maker if I didn’t stop and admire the pretty colors.

 

TM4812-21

Pour the filling into a ready pie shell.

 

TM4812-37

I rolled out the top crust into waxed paper so I could flop it onto the pie and hope it lands centered.

 

TM4812-39

It was pretty close. I was happy.

 

TM4812-41

I trimmed off the overhanging edges

 

TM4812-42

Bake at 350 for 30- 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

 

TM4812-65

Cool on a wire rack and serve.

 

Blueberry Pear pie

ingredients

  • 1 unbaked pie shell and top (pie crust recipe)
  • 11/2 cups frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup canned pears
  • 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
  • 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 1/4 cup raw honey
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons flour

In a bowl mix blueberries, pears, cranberries, orange juice concentrate, honey, sugar, and flour. Pour into pie shell cut designs into top crust or make lattice or whatever you like.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and juice is starting to thicken and bubble out.

Let cool a little and serve.


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Yummy.. this pie looks gorgeous!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooozing with berry goodness! The picture is making me crave, right now. I am totally making this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is definitely something special about the filling. I'll have to try them with strawberries.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting