Ginger snaps

by - 4:25 AM

PNPGS824-46

Every once in a while I think about the ginger cookies that my aunt Beth made one year at cousin fest, those ginger cookies were so good they were even better than her mint brownies! AND That’s saying something.

I ate way too many of both that day. There was plenty of other food but for me it was Beth’s ginger cookies that stood tall among the spread of food.

So I tried again to make cookie that would have the same taste and chewiness and this is what I came up with.

 

PNPGS824-43

I found a recipe on the top of some candied ginger.

 

PNPGS824-18

The picture looked promising.

 

PNPGS824-20

In a bowl mix Butter, sugar and molasses.

 

PNPGS824-21

Mix or just make marbled patterns and admire them and then realize there won’t be any cookies if I don’t mix it. Then add egg.

 

PNPGS824-25

Chop up some candied ginger.

 

PNPGS824-26

Mix in flour, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and salt.

Put in the refrigerator and chill for a few hours or over night

 

PNPGS824-29

When you’re ready get out the dough and shape into balls

 

PNPGS824-31

roll them in sugar.

 

PNPGS824-34

if you have to, help them get covered in sugar.

 

PNPGS824-36

Arrange on a baking sheet

 

PNPGS824-38

and bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.

Neat, you can see I’m wearing my lime green shirt that I got from a 5K I ran in 4 years ago.

 

PNPGS824-45

Cool on wire wracks.

 

PNPGS824-44

Eat all broken pieces.

 

PNPGS824-49

Serve or put in the freezer for another day.

 

PNPGS824-55

 

Ginger Snaps

ingredients

  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup candied ginger chopped

In a bowl mix butter sugar molasses and egg. Add dry ingredients, mix well, refrigerate for an hour or more. Make 1” balls, roll in sugar, and place on cookie sheet.

Bake about 9 minutes at 375

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,
 
 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting