Red Quinoa Kale and Avocado smoothie

by - 8:08 AM

red quinoa, kale, green tea and avocado smoothie

Red Quinoa, Kale, green tea and Avocado all in a tasty smoothie. Quick and easy to make.


quinoa kale smoothie

I think I just made a vegan gluten free smoothie.    


quinoa kale smoothie

What is Quinoa? (pronounced keen-wah) It’s supposed to be a superfood whatever that is. But it does have proteins and amino acids, plenty of fiber, Folate or vitamin B9, iron, Zinc, Magnesium and probably some other stuff. It doesn’t really taste like anything. This red quinoa has these funny little white tails that come out when it’s cooked.


quinoa kale smoothie

In a blender place quinoa,

quinoa kale smoothie

and half an avocado.

quinoa kale smoothie

I steamed the kale ever so slightly to get a brighter color because mine is so white-ish looking right now.


quinoa kale smoothie

Add honey to taste.
quinoa kale smoothie

Half of a lime gives plenty of flavor.

quinoa kale smoothie

I just squeezed it with my hand, too lazy to get out the squeezer for half a lime. I nearly squirted lime juice in my eye in the process. Just thought I’d share.

quinoa kale smoothie

A cup of water

quinoa kale smoothie

and toss in some ice cubes.

quinoa kale smoothie

It’s risky business to take the top off but I wanted you to be able to see how smooth and creamy the avocado gets within seconds.


quinoa kale smoothie

Once it’s as smooth as you like add in the green tea and a few more ice cubes. Blend and serve.


quinoa kale smoothie

Serve immediately.



Red Quinoa Kale and Avocado Smoothie

ingredients
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 cup water 
  • hand full of kale
  • honey to taste
  • 1/2 cup cooked red quinoa
  • juice of 1/2 of a lime
  • 1 cup ice cubes more or less
  • 1 cup green tea

In a blender place avocado, quinoa, honey, lime juice, kale and water and blend. Toss in a few ice cubes to keep it from heating up as you blend. When the quinoa and kale are smooth as you like add the green tea and a few more ice cubes and blend. Serve immediately.  Serves about 2.


Technorati Tags: ,,,

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. healthiest smoothie ever! that's awesome, I'll have to try it! great combination of flavours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for pointing that out! Sometimes I just get ahead of myself.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting