Sweet potato hummus

by - 9:04 AM

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17973-3

 

I  just tried making this Gluten free sweet potato hummus from a recipe in a Taste of Home magazine.  Only 7 ingredients and very quick to make. It was great! I’ll be making this again for sure.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17950

 

I just sliced up some cooked sweet potatoes I was too lazy to mash them first.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17952

Sliced a couple cloves of garlic.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17956

 

Place Into a mini food processor, but you should use a full sized one if you have it

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17957

 

A portion of the sweet potatoes. I started feeling sorry for the mini food processor so I chopped the sweet potatoes up smaller.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17958

 

Some cumin.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17959

 

A pinch of Salt

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17960

 

Lemon juice.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17961

 

Then I processed everything just to see if the mini could handle it. It was no problem at all.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17962

 

So I added the cayenne,

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17954

 

and tahini.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17963

 

And processed it all in batches until I had all of the sweet potatoes blended up nicely.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17969

 

Then taste it, it’s part of the job.

 

gluten free sweet potao hummus-17974

 

Serve right away or make ahead.

 

Sweet Potato Hummus

adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients

    4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
    1/4 cup tahini
    1/4 cup lime juice
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1-1/2 teaspoons salt
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions
  1. Place the first ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a bowl.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting