Chickpea Chocolate Brownies ~Gluten Free

by - 5:09 PM

chickpea gluten free brownies-11133

 

Sometimes I remake favorite recipes. I decided I’d make the Garbanzo Chocolate cake I posted last year. Sometimes things go wrong.

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1823

 

Oh it all  started out alright. I put the chips in the microwave.

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1824

 

I rinsed and drained the chickpeas.

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1825

 

I didn’t forget the baking powder.

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1826

 

I blended the chickpeas and eggs

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1827

 

until it was smooth. Things were going pretty good.

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1828

 

I was just thinking how ridiculously easy this recipe is when …

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1829

 

I noticed a very bad smell coming from the microwave!

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1830

 

I seemed to have made some sort of a smoldering volcano!

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1831

 

Complete with black lava rock in the middle.

I guess I didn’t follow the stir every minute part of the instructions. I threw out all the black and dried out chips and got some more unmelted chips…

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1832

 

Eventually I had my batter done.

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-1833

 

It was still a pretty quick recipe to put together even with my volcano accident.

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-11128

 

This is very good with strawberry frozen yogurt as a late night snack.

 

chickpea gluten free brownies-11132

 

Eat as a late night snack or eat for lunch.

 

Garbanzo Chocolate cake Gluten Free

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Combine the beans and eggs in a blender or a food processor. until smooth. Add the sugar and the baking powder, and pulse to blend. Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed. Transfer the batter to the cake pan.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting