From Where I walk ~PhotoADay

by - 1:39 PM

bridge building-19395

 

I brought my camera with me along with the PhotoADay list thinking I’d get caught up on some of the daily prompts I’ve missed. 

Then I got distracted when I saw the bridge job. So I stopped to check on the bridge progress.

They had a yellow metal basket filled with rocks/crushed rock/grout or something being pushed over to the crane and pile drilling rig on the green floating raft in the middle of the water.

 

bridge building-19397

 

The crane reached down to pick it up.

 

bridge building-19399

 

The white hard hat and yellow vest hooked the cable

 

bridge building-19401

 

up up it went.

 

bridge building-19402

 

Over

 

bridge building-19404

 

 

bridge building-19405

 

And set it down next to the pile drill rig.

 

bridge building-19407

 

 

bridge building-19411

 

Then the drill came up with the spiral bit on

 

bridge building-19415

 

swung over behind himself rotated it forward, backward

 

bridge building-19420

 

and when he swung back around he had a different drill bit on.

 

bridge building-19422

 

Back down into the hole it went.

 

bridge building-19423

 

back up. For what? I don’t know, I was way over on the sidewalk on the shore.

 

bridge building-19428

 

The white hard hats and yellow vests sat down, they talked on their phones. And watched it drill as the moon came out.

 

bridge building-19430

 

It got dark quickly and I realized these guys were probably going to work straight through the night so I headed home.

 

Here’s the video I took. Please excuse that wiggling. I didn’t realize how much wiggling I do in under 2 minutes!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting