Blackberry cobbler with maple whipped cream

by - 11:28 AM

blackberry cobbler-3543

Five ingredient blackberry cobbler. Real simple and real good.

 

blackberry cobbler-3452

I think I should hang a sign out and have my own pick-your-own blackberry place. Look at the size of those berries! They’re like large thimbles.

 

blackberry cobbler-3462

They were so ripe they were falling off the vines.

 

blackberry cobbler-3472

I started with two recipes, I tend to do that. Choices are good.

Just a minute let me tell you about the greatness of clear sheet protectors. Perfect for the kitchen and spilling! I just wipe the batter and whatever else off and snap it back in the binder when I’m done. Oh, the wetness on the page? I managed to do that before I put it in the sheet protector.

 

blackberry cobbler-3475

Now back to the cobbler.In a bowl pour sugar,

 

blackberry cobbler-3477

self rising flour or make your own like I did and add the  1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder plus 1/4 teaspoon salt for every cup of flour.

 

blackberry cobbler-3479

And a cup of milk.

 

blackberry cobbler-3483

Whisk together

 

blackberry cobbler-3486

then pour in melted butter

 

blackberry cobbler-3487

and whisk that all together.

 

blackberry cobbler-3489

Pour into a buttered baking dish. 

 

blackberry cobbler-3493

Sprinkle in blackberries

 

blackberry cobbler-3494

keep sprinkling so they’re all over.

Bake at 350 for about an hour.

 

blackberry cobbler-3496

While it’s baking think about doing the dishes.

 

blackberry cobbler-3517

When you’re ready to serve whip some cream

 

blackberry cobbler-3518

and flavor with real maple syrup to taste.

 

blackberry cobbler-3528

It looks pretty good without whipped cream

 

blackberry cobbler-3529

but I think it’s better with maple whipped cream.

 

blackberry cobbler-3543

Garnish with mint and more fresh berries.

 

Blackberry cobbler

from the pioneer Woman

Ingredients

  • 1 stick Butter
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
  • 1 cup Milk  
  • 2 cups Blackberries

Melt butter in a dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. Butter a baking dish.

Rinse and pat dry the blackberries. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks wonderful! I don’t even like whipped cream but maple whipped cream sounds amazing. I do the same thing with the sheet protectors--so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Oh, you should try some maple whipped cream. It's so good.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting