The Logging I hear every morning

by - 7:20 AM

logger-4242

Every morning I hear the wah wah waah of the loggers and then after a while I hear the log truck shifting through the gears as he climbs the hill with his load of logs.

Every morning I say I have got to go down there to see what they’re doing, it sounds like so much fun.  I’ve been saying that for close to two months now. 

  I have a few other things on the to-do list but never mind about laundry and bathroom cleaning, that will always be there these guys will one day soon be helping someone else manage their timber and if I don’t go now I may be left wondering what might’ve been.

 

logger-4233

I had to get a look at this log loader, de-limber, cutter all in one thing. I don’t know what it’s properly called. I’m sorry, I do not know forestry equipment terminology so anyone who does please correct me! 

 

logger-4238

He uses that grapple thing like an extension of his hand.

 

logger-4249

Just grabs a few trees, like a handful

 

 

logger-4250

and stuff them in and out of the de-limber. It has rolly things with teeth that take the branches right off.

 

logger-4252

See how sharp, sharp as in nice and clean  they look now?

 

logger-4253

To chop the tops he sets them on the de-limber thing to the exact length. Watch those arm things

 

logger-4254

they clamp down to hold the trees for cutting off the tops.

 

logger-4255

A closer look, on the right is the chainsaw like saw blade just waiting to be told to cut.

 

logger-4258

Then sawdust flies everywhere and he cuts the tops off.  All in a mater of minutes.

 

logger-4261

Then up the hill comes the skidder carrying more logs.

 

logger-4264

He circles by at just the right angle 

 

logger-4265

to drop off the logs into the pile.

 

logger-4267

He circles around, he’s not done up here yet

 

logger-4270

he has to clean up the chopped tops.

 

logger-4272

He carries them off to where ever the tops go.

 

logger-4281

At this point the truck is loaded and ready to go.

 

logger-4282

I talked to the log loader operator for a minute, he said Grampa used to drive the truck and dad used to load the logs.

Now he loads the logs and Dad drives the truck. 

 

logger-4284

I really enjoy meeting people like that.

I love seeing families having fun working together.

I’m glad I didn’t do those dishes!

 


You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting