Beet Blueberry Lentil Smoothie

by - 6:18 PM

beet smoothie-11692

 

I saw this smoothie in a magazine and figured I’d try it. Beets, blueberries, red lentils, and avocado sounded pretty healthy and it looked very pretty so I gave it a try.

 

beet smoothie-11694

 

It didn’t taste that great.

But this is really unfair.

I realize now it was really because I’d just been eating ice cream before tasting it. I couldn’t believe something such a beautiful purple could taste like cool mushy creamy dirt.

 

beet smoothie-11695

 

After a few more sips it started tasting better. It really wasn’t that bad. I just don’t recommend eating ice cream right before.

 

 

Beet Blueberry Lentil Smoothie

ingredients

  • 2-3 beet slices cooked
  • 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1/4 cup red lentils cooked
  • 1/2 cup milk, cow, soy, nut or water
  • honey to taste
  • lemon juice or lemonade concentrate to taste
  • 2-5 ice cubes

 

add all to blender and blend until smooth. Serve before ice cream not after.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting