Homemade Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream

by - 10:15 AM

maple ice cream-11682

 

This ice cream is made in celebration of all Grammys every where who love ice cream and shared their love for ice cream with their children and grandchildren and everyone else. 

 

maple ice cream-11556

 

Yes, I didn’t know there was a Ben and Jerry cookbook either.

 

maple ice cream-11558

 

I started thinking I’d make vanilla ice cream. It looked like a recipe with ingredients I had on hand.

 

maple ice cream-11563

 

In a bowl whisk a couple eggs.

 

maple ice cream-11564

 

 

maple ice cream-11566

 

Then add sugar and

 

maple ice cream-11569

 

heavy cream,

 

maple ice cream-11573

 

and milk.

 

maple ice cream-11577

 

mix it all together.

 

maple ice cream-11581

 

instead of vanilla I added maple syrup because at this point I’d changed my mind from making vanilla ice cream to making maple ice cream.

 

maple ice cream-11585

 

Carefully pour it into the ice cream maker container.

 

maple ice cream-11586

 

figure out how the paddle thing attaches... it was not a s hard as we tried to make it.

 

maple ice cream-11588

 

Layer in ice and salt.

 

maple ice cream-11589

 

And more ice and salt.

My experience with the ice cream maker wasn't terribly successful yet not a failure either. It just didn’t freeze up, so I had to put it in the freezer to harden. And that worked fine.

So I suggest you read the directions of the ice cream maker first or you might get ice cream that just wont get past “too soupy”.

 

maple ice cream-11678

 

Freeze for a few hours or over night.

serve with maple syrup.

 

 

Maple Ice cream

ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup milk

 

Directions:


Whip the eggs and sugar together with a whisk until fluffy (but not firm).
Add the rest of the ingredients into the eggs and sugar.
Whisk together until well mixed.
Place in ice cream maker and follow it's directions

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting