Quinoa salad

by - 9:32 AM

quinoa salad 2-1367

 

I think this is the perfect summer salad. Made with quinoa and fresh garden vegetables.

 

quinoa salad-0927

 

I started by rinsing the quinoa. I think it helps it taste better. Then put it on to cook.

 

 

quinoa salad-0930

 

While the quinoa was cooking I got some fresh parsley and chopped it up.

 

quinoa salad-0931

 

And sliced some cherry tomatoes.

 

quinoa salad-0933

 

In a bowl that was too small, I put cooked quinoa

 

quinoa salad-0938

 

and chopped parsley.

 

quinoa salad-0939

 

Then I admitted that the bowl was too small and dumped it into a larger bowl.

 

quinoa salad-0941

 

now I had room for tomatoes.

 

quinoa salad-0942

 

I seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.

 

quinoa salad-0944

 

Then added some EVOO.

 

quinoa salad-0947

 

Zested a lemon and added the zest along with juice of a lemon.

 

quinoa salad-0948

 

Mixed, tasted and seasoned again.

 

quinoa salad-0953

 

Packed it up and took it on a picnic. 

 

quinoa salad 2-1355

 

I liked it so much I decided to make it again.

 

quinoa salad 2-1356

 

This time I used fresh garlic,

 

quinoa salad 2-1357

 

Fresh basil chopped,

 

quinoa salad 2-1358

 

fresh cucumbers and cheddar cheese but I forgot to get photos of the cheese.

 

quinoa salad 2-1360

 

Put it all in a bowl,

 

quinoa salad 2-1363

 

Seasoned, 

 

quinoa salad 2-1367

 

and served myself some.

I think less raw garlic next time and maybe roasted red peppers might be nice too.

 

 

Quinoa salad

ingredients

  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley or basil chopped
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
  • 2 small cucumbers sliced
  • 1/4 cup cheddar chopped or whatever kind of cheese you have
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • juice of a lemon or lemon juice from a jar
  • 1 garlic clove chopped
  • 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
  • season with salt and pepper, onion powder, to taste

Mix all ingredients, or some and substitute others that are in season and eat fresh or pack for a picnic.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting