Peach+plum+ blackberry rustic tart

by - 10:51 AM

fresh fruit tart-12410

 

This fresh fruit Rustic tart made in a gluten free crust says summer all over it.

The best part about rustic tarts is if they don’t look perfect, you just tell people “It’s rustic.”

 

fresh fruit tart-12409

 

In a bowl slice up some peaches and plums,

 

fresh fruit tart-12411

 

throw in a  handful of blueberries and blackberries.

 

fresh fruit tart-12412

 

add some sugar.

 

fresh fruit tart-12415

 

I started by using a few tablespoons of corn starch to thicken the juice.

 

fresh fruit tart-12417

 

Mixed it around and while I was mixing I remembered I wanted to put some lemon juice in.

 

fresh fruit tart-12418

 

So I did.

 

fresh fruit tart-12421

 

It still didn’t seem thick enough so I tried some of Bob’s all purpose gluten free flour. Then I decided it was good enough.

 

fresh fruit tart-12422

 

I got out some gluten free pie crust I’d made ahead. It’s nice to have it made ahead and ready to use like that. This pie crust looks really yellow, I bet it’s because I tried making it with half garbanzo flour.

 

fresh fruit tart-12431

 

After rolling it out I trimmed the ragged edges off and then spooned the fruit filling onto the center.

 

fresh fruit tart-12432

 

Folded or pleat the crust up onto the fruit

 

fresh fruit tart-12435

 

With the extra trimmed pie crust scraps I re-rolled and cut out heart shapes.

I then brushed the crust with juice from the fruit filling bowl and sprinkled coarse turbinado sugar on top. Then baked at 400 for about 35 minutes.

 

fresh fruit tart-12439

 

Hush, it’s rustic.

 

 

Peach+plum+berry rustic tart

ingredients

  • pre made gluten free pie crust

 

  • 2 peaches sliced
  • 2 plums sliced
  • handful of blueberries frozen or fresh
  • handful of blackberries frozen or fresh
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons flour or gluten free flour
  • turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top

 

In a bowl mix together fruit, sugar, lemon juice and flour. Roll out crust. place filling in center and pleat edges up onto fruit. brush crust with water or fruit filling juice and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake at 400 for about 35minutes.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting